Wow, its been a while! Know what I’ve been doing? DATING. If you know me at all, you know that dating is not one of my favorite things to do. While I love meeting new people and don’t have trouble finding things to talk about, I find that calling something a date brings on so much added pressure. Pressure that is fabricated because I’m putting it on myself? Perhaps. So, I’m rattling off a couple of the thoughts I’ve had in these last few weeks.
- When a guy is incredibly nice and sweet to you, but rude/borderline racist to the other people you interact with–drop him like its hot. It doesn’t matter how attractive he was (VERY!) that kind of behavior is completely unnecessary. I have no delusions that I would likely be a recipient of those moods in the future.
- I absolutely love it when a man opens a car door for me. Its the little things, really!
- You should never tell a girl on your first date that you’ve recently had your sperm count checked to make sure you can still have kids. Oh yes, this happened to me. Hello, crazy overshare! I’m in my 20′s! Not a concern of mine.
- The anticipation of the will he/wont he at the end of the date is so exciting.
- Don’t try and rush a relationship. Things need to move at their own pace. Also, please don’t be overly affectionate right up front. When I start to feel like you’ve got a timeline, it starts to make me uncomfortable.
- Sometimes agreeing to a same day date is a great way to take the pressure off. It may just be me, but I tend to overanalyze and build things up in my mind (Hello nerves!) Doing it same day gives me less time to stress about what I’m going to wear and how things are going to go.
- When a guy likes you, he won’t play games. I was driving home from a date last night when I got a text message telling me what a great time he had, and asking to take me out again on Friday. The 3 day rule? Absolute BS in my experience.