Well, Summer is here and along with it comes longer days, beach trips, weekend getaways, and for us here in Florida, lots and lots of blazing hot days.
Now, I don’t know about you, but for me, this also means 3 day weekends. ( I know, I’m really blessed to be able to say that). In this article, I’ve decided to include some tips and ideas that will hopefully help you make the best of those long hot Summer days, and weekends (and not break the bank hehe). Enjoy!
- If your weekends start on a Friday, take advantage of this. Especially if you live near the beach (like me) make a commitment to yourself to go to the beach at least once. Some items that I would recommend bringing to make your day at the beach as comfortable as possible are; a beach blanket, some sunscreen, beach umbrella to keep you from looking like a lobster, a good book, and you’re all set! (Also, may I suggest some watermelon chunks ?! And cold tangerines?! They are delish on a hot Summer Day! Oh! And please don’t forget to hydrate.
- Go for some ice cream. Really! The savory taste of a nice cold ice cream cone in the middle of a hot sunny day is quiet the delicious experience. Plus, when’s the last time you “fed” your inner child? Kids love ice cream. So, get reacquainted with the little guy ; )
- Try something new! For instance, canoeing or kayaking. Those are two very fun outdoor activities, that only require a few hours of your day, and are not expensive to do.
- Go for a hike. If you’re lucky enough to live near the beautiful mountains, I wouldn’t waste this opportunity at all. Hikes in the early morning are the best in my personal opinion. That’s when the heat is much less blazing at you. Also, this provides some good time to reconnect with nature.
- Go see a movie! As we all know, some of the biggest blockbusters get released in theaters in the Summer. Hit a matinée to save some $ and get out of the midday heat.
- Own a bike? Go for a nice bike ride. Many areas have great riding trails. Check the all knowing google to find some near you. Riding trails gets you away from busy streets and the views are always better than staring at the back of a Buick.
- Have a picnic. This provides another good chance to get in touch with Mother Nature. Also, try gathering some friends to join you, and maybe you can play a sports game. Or bring a board game with you.
I hope this article has provided some fun ideas that will get you going this Summer! All in all, as long as you’re having fun it doesn’t matter what you do. So get out there and enjoy!